Student Employment Opportunities
Spring 2014: There are no employment opportunities available with KLI this semester. However, we are promoting two other opportunities: The KLI Student Coordinators Position (2014-2015) and the Orientation Sponsor Position (2014-15).
KLI Student Coordinators 2014-2015
After two great semesters, the time has finally come to begin the application process for next year’s Student Coordinators. Being a student coordinator at KLI provides unique opportunities to further enhance your leadership skills as you coordinate and lead student employee luncheons, oversee numerous KLI events, host KLI’s most honored guests, and develop close relationships with the KLI faculty and staff.
As a student coordinator, you are exposed to a bigger student leadership role at KLI. The role provides immense opportunity to polish your organizational, goal-setting, communication, presentation, and networking skill sets.
If you have worked at KLI for at least a year, we highly encourage you to apply. Seniors, please encourage students to apply! This is an opportunity for you to challenge and surprise yourself with your own potential and leadership development.
Please note the following details related to the Student Coordinator position:
- To apply, please complete the online application (http://bit.ly/1lyiWm0) and submit your resume to Dr. Sherylle Tan (email@example.com) by4/14/14 at 5pm.
- The position is open to all rising juniors (class of ‘16) and seniors (class of ‘15), with preference given to Leadership Studies Sequence students. Must have worked with KLI for a minimum of one year.
- The student coordinators will meet and begin communication with Dr. Sherylle Tan (virtually or in person if on/near campus) the end of August to begin plans for the fall.
- Bi-weekly KLI student meetings will consist of student team presentations, break-out discussions, leadership development activities, and announcements. Coordinating these meetings and social events for KLI students, as well as serving as a KLI representative, are the primary responsibilities of this position.
Orientation Sponsor 2014-2015
Sponsors are student leaders within the Dean of Students office. Sponsors serve as the face of CMC for new students and parents, and continue to serve as a role model and resource to all new students throughout their first year at CMC. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome new students to campus and escort them to Orientation programs
- Facilitate discussions about campus life for new students, following Orientation programs
- Provide academic advising and registration assistance to new students
- Communicate over the summer with a group of new students
- Serve as a year-long mentor and resource to a group of new students
- Return to campus on Friday, August 22, 2014 to help with WOA participant arrival and to participate in Sponsor training and preparation before New Student Orientation. Please note that students participating in fall athletics, WOA trips, or other activities that preclude them from participating in training and Orientation between August 22 and September 1 are ineligible to be Sponsors.
- Participate in a Spring Training Session on Friday, April 25 from 3-6pm
Please note: this is a revised position, intended to play a critical role in new students’ first year of college, through active mentoring and advising of new students throughout the entire academic year.
- Leadership and mentorship skills training and development
- Early return to campus, including meals before the board plan begins
- T-Shirts and other CMC gear
Applicants must be CMC students and should be resourceful and positive about starting college. Applicants should be in good academic and disciplinary standing prior to and during the 2014-15 academic year. Transfer students are highly encouraged to apply to be Sponsors for new incoming transfer students. Applicants must be available and on campus for at least the fall semester of 2014.
Students currently studying off campus are welcome to apply to be Sponsors. Interested students currently abroad should submit the application, and also email Kristin Weyman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a Skype interview separate from the rest of the Sponsor interviews.
Orientation Sponsor Application timeline and details:
Monday, March 24 – Applications are available
Monday, April 7 – Applications are due
Tuesday, April 8 – Students who have submitted applications must sign up at the Dean of Students office for an interview
Tuesday, April 15 – Friday, April 18 – Interviews
Wednesday, April 23 – Decisions emailed
Friday, April 25, 3:00-6:00pm – Newly selected Sponsors will participate in a Spring Training session in McKenna Auditorium
To Apply: Please complete the following application by Monday, April 7, 2014.