Kravis-de Roulet Conference
Registration for this event is now closed.
For inquiries, please contact the Kravis Leadership Institute
Event Logistics Coordinator, Angelica Ferreira
- Two Days of Interactive Learning
- Join Researchers, practitioners, faculty, students, and other stakeholders to explore cutting-edge theory, research, practice, and experience on the pivotal role of leadership in fostering inclusion in diverse organization and societies.
- Inter-Disciplinary & Experiential Approaches to Inclusion
- We will span across disciplinary boundaries and micro to macro perspectives with a conference format combining presentation, dialogue, and ample opportunities for engagement to co-create a multi-faceted understanding of leadership for inclusion.
- Distinguished Speakers
- Speakers include distinguished academics and practitioners in leadership, psychology, business & management, organizational behavior, civic engagement, and diversity and inclusion.
Friday, March 3, 2017, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
10:30 am-11:00 am: Conference Check In, M.M.C Athenaeum
11:00 am-1:00 pm: Envisioning a More Inclusive World – It Starts with Creating a Collective Vision of the Possibilities
- Ron Riggio, Conference Co-Chair, Claremont McKenna College
- Jeanine Prime, Conference Co-Chair, Catalyst Inc.
- Bernardo M. Ferdman, Conference Co-Chair, Alliant International University
- Luncheon Keynote Speaker: Carolyn J. Lukensmeyer, Executive Director, National Institute for Civil Discourse, How Do We Respond to the C-Change in Our Public and Political Discourse?
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Co-Creating a Vision of Inclusive Leadership
- Ilene Wasserman, ICW Consulting Group
- Laura Morgan Roberts, Antioch University
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Inclusive Leadership in Practice
- Ed Schein, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Emeritus)
- Donna Chrobot-Mason, University of Cincinnati
- Michael Benitez, University of Puget Sound
- Michael Welp, White Men as Full Diversity Partners
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Reception
Saturday March 4, 2017, 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
8:15 am –8:45 am: Conference Check In, McKenna Auditorium
8:45 am –10:30 am: Fostering Inclusive Interpersonal and Team Dynamics
- Martin Davidson, University of Virginia
- Stefanie Johnson, University of Colorado
- Lisa Nishii, Cornell University
10:45 am – 12:00 pm noon: Building Inclusive Organizations
- Lize Booysen, Antioch University
- Robert Livingston, Harvard University
- Mary Frances-Winters, The Winters Group, Inc.
12:00 noon – 2:00 pm: Luncheon & Inclusion Dialogues
- Speaker panels
2:00 pm – 3:45 pm: Building Inclusive Societies
- Deborah Meehan, Leadership Learning Community
- Nancy DiTomaso, Rutgers University
- Jean-Christophe Bas, The Global Compass
3:45 pm – 5:00 pm: The Way Forward—Next Steps on the Path to Inclusion
- David Thomas, Harvard Business School
- Jeanine Prime, Catalyst Inc.
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Reception
The conference will be held at Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, CA. Sessions will take place at the M.M.C. Athenaeum located at 385 E. Eighth Street, Claremont, CA 91711 and McKenna Auditorium 390 E 9th St, Claremont, CA 91711 over the course of the two day conference. Parking is available at the East Bauer Parking lot on Ninth Street, north of the Pritzlaff Field. Please refer to the Claremont McKenna College campus map for parking and event location information.
Transportation & Directions:
By Car: From the Los Angeles area, take the San Bernardino Freeway (I-10) west to Indian Hill Boulevard (Exit 47). Drive north on Indian Hill for about two miles. Turn right onto 6th Street, then left onto College Way. Keep right at the split in the road then turn left onto Columbia Avenue and the Kravis Center will be to your right. There is available parking directly west of the building.
From Pasadena and the San Fernando Valley, take the Foothill Freeway (I-210) east. Exit at Towne Avenue and drive south for one mile. Turn left onto Foothill Boulevard and continue until you reach Dartmouth Boulevard. Turn right onto Dartmouth Boulevard. Turn left at the stop sign and take your next immediate left. The Kravis Center will be on your left on Columbia Avenue.
From Orange County, take the Orange Freeway (Route 57) north to the San Bernardino Freeway (I-10). Continue east on I-10 to Indian Hill Boulevard (exit 47). Drive north on Indian Hill for about two miles. Turn right onto 6th Street, then left onto College Way. Keep right at the split in the road then turn left onto Columbia Avenue and the Kravis Center will be to your right. There is available parking directly west of the building.
By Air: Claremont is located about 10 miles west of Ontario International Airport (ONT). Other airports in the region include Los Angeles International (LAX), John Wayne/Santa Ana (SNA), Burbank (BUR) and Long Beach (LGB). Each is between 30-50 miles from Claremont.
By Train: The closest Amtrak station is in Pomona, a few miles from the campus. Claremont is served from Los Angeles by Metrolink. The station is south of campus.
There are a number of overnight accommodation available in the Claremont and Pomona area. Below is a list of options, some with a discounted rate. Click here for a full list of hotels in the surrounding area.
- Doubletree Hotel (Claremont)
To receive the special CMC rate click on the link and enter your arrival and departure dates. Click on “Add Special Rate Codes” in blue lettering and enter the number 2653473 in the Corporate Account box. Then click “Check Availability.”
- Casa 425 (Claremont)
- Sheraton Suites Fairplex (Pomona)
Use CMC ID “MCKENNA” for special rate
- Shilo Inn Hotel (Pomona)
- Shilo Inn Suites Hotel (Pomona Hilltop)
24th Annual Conference: Click here for more information about the Spring 2016 conference.
22nd Annual Conference: Click here for more information about the Spring 2014 conference.
21st Annual Conference: Click here for information about the Spring 2012 conference.
For more information:
Please contact our institute with any questions or concerns regarding the Kravis-de Roulet Conference:
Kravis Leadership Institute
Claremont McKenna College
850 Columbia Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711-6420