24th Annual Kravis-de Roulet Conference
Women’s Leadership Journeys Revealed: Attributes, Styles, and Impact
The Kravis-de Roulet Leadership conferences, which began in 1990, are annual leadership conferences funded jointly by an endowment from Henry R. Kravis and the de Roulet family. This perpetual funding, along with additional support from the Kravis Leadership Institute and Claremont McKenna College, enables us to attract the finest leadership scholars and practitioners as conference presenters and participants.
Women possess all the qualities required for effective and impactful leadership in the 21st century. Women leaders have shown themselves to be persuasive, assertive and willing to take risks. They are also empathetic and flexible as well as strong collaborators. This conference will highlight research demonstrating that women have distinct attributes that are conducive to strong leadership and provide insights from women in the field who have made an impact through their leadership journeys. The intent of the conference is to join leading scholars in the study of women and leadership with women leaders from diverse sectors to provide the audience with a guide to navigate their own journeys to impactful leadership.
Conference Date: Saturday, February 20, 2016
Time: 8:45 am – 6:00 pm
(conference followed by a reception 5:00 – 6:00 pm)
Speakers and Panelists include:
- Sue Ashford, Professor in Management and Organization, University of Michigan
- Barbara Barrett, Chairman, Ambassador
- Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire, President, Berkhemer Clayton, Inc.
- Audrey Bilger, Professor of Literature, Claremont McKenna College
- Whitney Bouck ’88, Enterprise & SVP, Global Marketing, Box
- Linda Carli, Senior Lecturer, Wellesley College; co-author of Through the Labyrinth: The truth About How Women Become Leaders
- Tina Daniels ’93, Director of Agency Business Development, Google
- Connie Duckworth, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, ARZU Inc.
- Pam Gann, President Emeritus, Claremont McKenna College
- Crystal Hoyt ’97, Professor of Leadership Studies and Psychology, University of Richmond
- Christine Jones, Gubernatorial Candidate (Arizona) 2014
- Maria Klawe, President, Harvey Mudd College
- Joan Marques, Assistant Dean, School of Business, Associate Professor of Management, Woodbury University, author of Leadership and Mindful Behaviorsand Courage in the Twenty-First Century
- Kathryn Pearson ’93, Associate Professor, University of Minnesota
- Julie Spellman Sweet ‘89, Group Chief Executive, Accenture
- Arielle Zuckerberg ’11, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
Directions and parking information: The conference will be held at the Pickford Auditorum – you may find the address and driving directions to the Claremont McKenna College campus here or view it on a map . If you are driving to the conference, please park in the East Bauer Parking lot on Ninth Street, north of the Pritzlaff Field (soccer field, #38) and west of the Arce Field (baseball field, #44). There are two lots; please park in the big lot east of the small Bauer lot. Please refer to the Claremont McKenna College campus map here.
An edited book will be produced from the conference presentations, as is the case with most Kravis-de Roulet conferences. Click here for information on past conferences.
22nd Annual Conference: Click here for more information about the Spring 2014 conference.
21st Annual Conference: Click here for information about the 2012 conference.
For more information
Please contact our institute with any questions or concerns regarding the Kravis-de Roulet Conference:
Kravis Leadership Institute
Claremont McKenna College
850 Columbia Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711-6420